U bent hier
Office Manager - Lille France
Flanders Investment & Trade is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Local Head of our Office in Lille, France. This is a full-time position with an attractive salary package. The successful candidate will manage the office and will have the opportunity to work largely independently in an international business and consultancy environment.
Flanders Investment & Trade is an Agency of the Government of Flanders, the northern, Dutch-speaking region of the Kingdom of Belgium, promoting sustainable international business.
Please visit www.flandersinvestmentandtrade.com for more information on our dual mission to support international trade and attract FDI.
Job Description for Head of the FIT—office in Lille, France
- Regarding Trade: The Head of Office studies trade requests from Flemish companies and replies to them in a satisfactory and timely manner using modern IT-tools. The Head of Office organizes individual prospect trips of Flemish companies to Northern France and sets up B2B-meetings when required. Occasionally, group trade missions to Northern France also need to be organized either for Flanders Investment & Trade or for third parties. Equally, the Head of Office pro-actively identifies economic sectors in France that present opportunities to Flemish exporters and reports on them. The Head of Office shall also ensure the Lille office prepares at least one market study annually that is published on the website of Flanders Investment & Trade. He/She would also be knowledgeable about trade and business regulations in the French market and when necessary be able to give advice on subsidies etc requested by Flemish companies to explore opportunities in the French market.
- Regarding attracting FDI: The Head of Office needs to be knowledgeable about French companies wanting to expand abroad. Furthermore the Head of Office promotes Flanders as an investment location and be aware about Flanders’ specific economic and investment advantages. To identify - and interact with - these local companies, the Head of Office will use a variety of available sources to identify target companies, develop a network and deliver investment leads to Flanders (at least one successful lead per annum is required).
- Regarding general Office Management: The Head of Office manages the office on a day-to-day basis and regularly reports to HQ on relevant aspects (accountancy, budget, etc). The Head of Office is expected to represent FIT at (networking) functions as well as to co-operate with other FIT Offices, if and when needed.
Education, Experience & Knowledge requirements
- Applicants must at least have a Masters Degree (a Masters in economics is a plus but not essential) or have at least 4 years of work experience within Flanders Investment & Trade.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience is essential in an internationally-oriented business environment.
- An in depth knowledge of France and the economic sectors is required together with an ability to see how these can lead to opportunities for Flemish companies.
- A proven ability to build business relationships to develop business opportunities for organizations, clients or third parties.
- An excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) is essential, as is a working knowledge of French and Dutch in as far as to be able to understand a basic conversation or interpret short communications such as e-mails written in Dutch and French.
- Knowledge of Flanders and its main economic actors and drivers is desirable.
- An insight into the mission and main duties of Flanders Investment & Trade, an agency directly reporting to the Government of Flanders, would equally be an advantage.
Interpersonal and Professional Skill Requirements
- The candidate is expected to be courteous in his/her interactions with our clients and colleagues, reliable, business friendly, flexible and accurate in following up questions from external clients (i.e. companies) or departments of the organization and should be able to communicate his/her findings and results in a clear and concise manner.
- The candidate ought to be able to approach challenges, duties and/or problems in a structured manner and would need to have the abilities to work closely together with colleagues from HQ (Brussels) as well as other national and international offices of the organization.
Flanders Investment and Trade encourages applications from diverse candidates and does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status in the locations in which it operates.
Interested parties are encouraged to send a motivational letter and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (including all contact details) accompanied by a photograph (electronic) by 3/10/2019 in English and by e-mail to: HRFrance@fitagency.com