U bent hier
General Deputy - Milan, Italy
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) is looking for a Deputy (for both Invest & Trade) to the Flemish Economic Commissioner, based in Milan, Italy.
Flanders Investment & Trade is an Agency of the Government of Flanders, the northern, Dutch-speaking region of the Kingdom of Belgium, promoting sustainable international business.
Please visit www.flandersinvestmentandtrade.com for more information on our dual mission to support international trade and attract FDI.
Job description & main duties
- Provide general and specific information to Flemish companies, as well as drafting trade proposals and answering questions from Italian companies regarding doing business in Flanders.
- Prepare individual prospecting trips, and prepare individual and group actions for Flemish companies on behalf of Flanders Investment & Trade and third parties.
- Flag economic local opportunities to Flemish companies, as well as contribute ideas and opportunities for the annual events program.
- Gather information about host country’s market regulations, and conduct general and specific market studies.
- Establish, maintain and expand the professional network of the office, as well as establishing and maintaining contacts with both importers and potential investors through networking and active prospecting, thereby identifying, assessing and contacting target companies related to both export opportunities for Flanders-based companies and attracting FDI to Flanders.
- Manage the office’s accounting system and budget allocations.
Education, Experience & Knowledge requirements
- Minimum level of education: a Master's degree closely associated to the main assignments of this vacancy, or at least 3 years of professional experiences at Flanders Investment & Trade.
- At least three years of experience in an internationally-oriented economic and commercial function.
- Knowledge of and experience with IT applications.
- Basic knowledge of international entrepreneurship and investments, and a general knowledge of both the economy of Italy and Flanders is required.
- A very good knowledge of English and Italian is mandatory and a good working knowledge of Dutch and French would be an advantage.
Interpersonal and professional skill requirements
- Able to contribute to the collective aspirations of a project or a team.
- Being able to flexibly adapt the working method, approach or style to achieve goals under changing situations or circumstances.
- Recognize and adequately respond to requirements and expectations of various clients and others within and outside the organization.
- Being able to function according to the interests, values and norms of the organization.
- Effectively define goals and priorities and identify actions, time and resources needed to achieve them efficiently.
- Developing and perpetuating professional relations and networks within Italy
Flanders Investment and Trade encourages applications from diverse candidates and does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status in the locations in which it operates.
- Send your CV + motivation letter + e-photo in English or Dutch only, to HRParis@fitagency.com
- Deadline for submission: Friday August 30th 2019. Telephone and Skype calls will not be taken under consideration.
- After initial, in-house screening Flanders investment & Trade reserves the right to approach who they deem to be a suitable potential candidate.
- Interviews and the hiring procedure will be conducted in English and Dutch.