Flanders’ agribusiness and agricultural knowledge ecosystem generates numerous opportunities for your business.
You are here
Flanders' Agribusiness Ecosystem
Research groups and knowledge centers
At Ghent University
At Hasselt University
- ILVO – Independent agricultural research center with green houses, experimental stables and laboratories with accredited analyses. ILVO supports sustainable agriculture, fisheries and forestry.
- Flanders’ Food – Platform for innovation supporting innovation, competition and sustainability in Flanders’ agribusiness industry, contributing to Flanders’ economic and social development in the process.
- FlandersBio – Flanders-based networking organization for the life sciences sector.
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries – Department of the Government of Flanders that focuses on the development, implementation, control and evaluation of research and technology in the field of agriculture, horticulture, fisheries and the countryside.
- Strategic Advisory Council for Agriculture and Fisheries
- VLAM – Short for Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board, VLAM aims at promoting the sale, added value, consumption and image of products and services of Flanders’ agriculture, horticulture, fishery and agro-alimentary industries.
- VIB Bioincubator Gent – This Ghent-based facility consists of one incubator room, one cold room, and six to seven air-conditioned laboratories that conform to bio-safety class 2 activities (easily upgradable to class 3).
- BioAccelerator Gent – Part of the Flanders biotech valley in Ghent, BioAccelerator Gent is home to state-of-the art laboratories and offices with high-level specifications.
Agropolis – Limburg-based incubator for agro innovation and horticulture, including a research and production space to test new technologies.