Covestro’s core business activity is the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials. To maintain its established international reputation in this field, the German corporation employs a workforce of approximately 16,200 people at 30 production sites worldwide.
You are here
Port of Antwerp to host new unit of Covestro (Germany)
Antwerp’s chemical cluster
The Covestro site at the Port of Antwerp in Flanders will be expanded with a new unit for the production of aniline: an important raw material required to make MDI, a precursor for rigid foam used to insulate buildings and refrigerators.
For the Antwerp chemical industry, this is the third announcement of an investment in only a few weeks. Earlier this month, Borealis (Austria) revealed its allocation of 1 billion euros to the construction of a propylene plant. Around the same time, Nippon Shokubai (Japan) funneled EUR 350 million into its chemical production site in Zwijndrecht.
Covestro’s choice to settle its new production unit in Flanders is no coincidence. Its site in Antwerp benefits from the advantageous infrastructure and logistics expertise the harbor is known for, and has easy access to all raw materials needed to produce aniline.
Learn more about Flanders' infrastructure.
More news about Flanders?
- Regular updates
- No spam
Interested in doing business in Flanders?
Let us help you!
- We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
- We organize site visits to real estate locations
- We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
- We're an official government agency
- Our services are completely free
- We are a team of international experts
Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders
- It's completely free.
- Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
- Tax system explained in-depth.
- Learn how to set up your business quickly.
- Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).