- Regular updates
- No spam
You are here
Lab group BARC acquired by French holding company CEL
Up till now, BARC was owned by Rudi Mariën, the president and majority shareholder of the Ghent-based biotech firm, Innogenetics. He will continue to play a major role in BARC after the acquisition. Mariën will also be buying shares in the new parent holding CEL.
This operation is part of BARC’s strategy to become a network of medical laboratories throughout Europe and beyond. Between them, BARC and Pasteur Cerba employ ca. 1,000 people.
Incorporated in 1985, BARC has subsidiaries in New York (USA), Flanders, Johannesburg (South Africa) and Sydney (Australia). It also has a network of laboratories in South America and Asia. (source: www.express.be)
More info: Bio Analytical Research Corporation (BARC) or Pasteur Cerba
More news about Flanders?
Interested in doing business in Flanders?
Let us help you!
- We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
- We organize site visits to real estate locations
- We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
- We're an official government agency
- Our services are completely free
- We are a team of international experts
Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders
- It's completely free.
- Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
- Tax system explained in-depth.
- Learn how to set up your business quickly.
- Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).