- Regular updates
- No spam
You are here
Janssen opens state-of-art research center
Janssen Pharmaceutica has opened a new 68 million euro, state-of-the-art research center at its headquarters in Beerse, Flanders, De Tijd newspaper reports.
The new building will house all 300 researchers at the facility. Research at Janssen, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, focuses on the central nervous system, oncology and metabolic diseases such as obesity and diabetes.
The 300 research staff at Beerse represent a quarter of Johnson & Johnson’s worldwide pharmaceutical research personnel. Last year, some 868 million euro was spent on basic research in Beerse, up from 805 million in 2002 and 775 million in 2001.
29 October 2004
More news about Flanders?
Interested in doing business in Flanders?
Let us help you!
- We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
- We organize site visits to real estate locations
- We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
- We're an official government agency
- Our services are completely free
- We are a team of international experts
Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders
- It's completely free.
- Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
- Tax system explained in-depth.
- Learn how to set up your business quickly.
- Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).