“Setting up a business abroad requires a different approach depending on the sector,” comments Claire Tillekaerts, CEO of Flanders Investment & Trade. “To make Flanders even more attractive for foreign investors, we want to make the shift toward tailor-made assistance, and our welcome teams are an important part of that mission.”
You are here
Flanders launches expert Welcome Team for ICT investors
The ICT Welcome Team consists of Flanders-based specialists who know the ins and outs of the local and international ICT markets. The team comes together on ad hoc basis, but also helps foreign investors build networks in Flanders and determine the right market approach in the region.
In addition, FIT will proactively look for and get in touch with foreign companies that aspire to international expansion, after which the ICT Welcome Team investigates if Flanders is the right fit for those ambitions. How? By mapping the region’s capacities or available digital infrastructure, and through analysis of financial possibilities or additional support options.
FIT’s new ICT Welcome Team will initially focus on four industry niches:
- financial technology (fintech);
- smart city technology;
- medical technology and ICT in healthcare.
To give investors in these niches the best possible assistance, the ICT Welcome Team counts on the know-how and expertise of:
- Bart Steukers, CEO Agoria;
- Dieter Therssen, CEO at DSP Valley;
- Wim Dewaele, CEO at The Beacon;
- Christophe Huygens, prof. dr. computer sciences at Leuven University;
- Erik Van Zuuren, founder of e-governance expert TrustCore.eu;
- Ares Iagae, account manager IT at Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship;
- Michel Hofman, coordinator and account manager at Flanders Investment & Trade.