- Regular updates
- No spam
You are here
Flanders (Belgium) scores above average in EU innovation ranking
According to the European Commission, Flanders (Belgium) takes hold of the 7th place in the innovation ranking of the European Union. The ranking is based on 24 indicators, ranging from scientific publications to R&D expenditure and export.
Innovation is an important pillar of the European strategy for economic recovery. The study of the European Commission puts Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Finland on top of the ranking. With a 7th place Flanders scores above average, only being proceeded by the top 4 countries and the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
Since 2010, Flanders’ (Belgium) innovation performance has grown by 2.9 per cent. Looking at it on a broader international scale, the European countries still have some catching up to do with Switzerland, the US, Japan and South Korea. Compared to 2008, the EU however was able to halve the gap with the US and Japan.
Reported byFlanders DC
26 March 2013
More news about Flanders?
Interested in doing business in Flanders?
Let us help you!
- We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
- We organize site visits to real estate locations
- We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
- We're an official government agency
- Our services are completely free
- We are a team of international experts
Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders
- It's completely free.
- Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
- Tax system explained in-depth.
- Learn how to set up your business quickly.
- Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).