Each of the 5 nominees has a heart for Flanders and a major recent investment project to prove it:
- French grain cooperative Axereal and its subsidiary Boortmalt are constructing the world’s biggest malt factory in Antwerp;
- Hyundai Construction Equipment, from South Korea, makes Tessenderlo the site of its multifunctional European headquarters;
- Japanese chemical firm Kaneka is building its largest MS polymers production plant in Westerlo;
- Swiss pharma giant Novartis is injecting millions worth of biotechnological innovation into its production facility in Puurs;
- South African paper and pulp producer Sappi is putting pen to paper for a major transformation in Lanaken.