You are here

Cosco (CN) acquires APM Terminal in Port of Zeebrugge

Chinese shipping company Cosco Shipping is gaining full control of the APM Terminal in the Port of Zeebrugge (Flanders). The operations of the terminal will not change under its new owner. 

Zeebrugge Concession Agreement Signing Ceremony

Secured future growth

The APM Terminal has a yearly capacity of 1 million TEU, making it an important element of the busy Port of Zeebrugge. Cosco Shipping has had a stake in the terminal since 2014, holding 24% of the shares. APM is now selling the remaining 76% to Cosco, giving the latter full control of the site.

By doing so, APM wants to focus on its core activities as part of a long-term strategy. The company emphasizes its trust in Cosco as a reliable owner of the terminal, and strongly believes that the takeover will induce growth, ultimately benefiting the terminal’s clients, employees and stakeholders.

More info

Reported by
VRT Nieuws
21 November 2017

More news about Flanders?

  • Regular updates
  • No spam

Interested in doing business in Flanders?

Let us help you!

  • We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
  • We organize site visits to real estate locations
  • We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
  • We're an official government agency
  • Our services are completely free
  • We are a team of international experts

Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders

  • It's completely free.
  • Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
  • Tax system explained in-depth.
  • Learn how to set up your business quickly.
  • Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).

In addition to the ebook, I agree to receive one or two follow-up emails