Over the past three years, Coca-Cola has modernized its manufacturing and distribution plant in Ghent by building a state-of-the-art factory at the site. Including the new production line, this project involved an investment of more than EUR 100 million.
You are here
Coca-Cola pours millions of euros into Ghent-based plant
Circular soft drinks
The goal of Coca-Cola's investments in Ghent? To ensure sustainable production processes and, as such, to contribute positively to Flanders’ recycling industry. Etienne Gossart, country director of Belgium-Luxembourg: “Our packaging materials – glass, tin and plastic – are 100% recyclable and serve as raw materials for new packaging. By 2025, we want every plastic bottle we put out on the market to be made of 50% recycled materials.”
Engaged local employees
The dedicated mentality and strong efforts of its workforce in Ghent has greatly contributed to Coca-Cola's trust in Flanders as a region. “Through our investment, we want to recognize the hard work of our employees in Ghent. This growth story would not have been possible without them. We are extremely proud to be a local company and to strengthen our position in Flanders and Belgium,” states Etienne Gossart.
More infoCoca-Cola European Partners
More news about Flanders?
- Regular updates
- No spam
Interested in doing business in Flanders?
Let us help you!
- We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
- We organize site visits to real estate locations
- We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
- We're an official government agency
- Our services are completely free
- We are a team of international experts
Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders
- It's completely free.
- Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
- Tax system explained in-depth.
- Learn how to set up your business quickly.
- Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).