- Regular updates
- No spam
You are here
Callebaut invests in chocolate plant in Wieze
Chocolate consumption is growing worldwide, a trend Callebaut is not about to ignore. The company is therefore investing EUR 4 million in a new production line at its chocolate plant in Wieze. It will be used primarily for making chocolate chips and callets, used commonly in the baking industry. Besides installing a new production line, Callebaut is investing an additional EUR 9 million to upgrade the existing lines, in the hope of increasing the overall production capacity at the plant by 10 15 percent, and maybe more over the long term.
The Wieze chocolate plant is the largest in the world. Last year it produced 260,000 tons, to which the new production line will add 20,000 tons. Callebaut has 8,000 employees worldwide and over 30 production units in 25 countries. Its turnover for the previous financial year was EUR 2.68 billion, which makes it the world leader on the chocolate market. (reported by De Tijd newspaper)
More info: Callebaut
More news about Flanders?
Interested in doing business in Flanders?
Let us help you!
- We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
- We organize site visits to real estate locations
- We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
- We're an official government agency
- Our services are completely free
- We are a team of international experts
Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders
- It's completely free.
- Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
- Tax system explained in-depth.
- Learn how to set up your business quickly.
- Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).