- Regular updates
- No spam
You are here
Belgium reduces social security taxes
Celanese Chemicals Moves to Port of Antwerp
Celanese Chemicals, a division of Celanese AG (www.celanese.com), has announced that in the fourth quarter of this year it will move its terminal and tank farm from the Dutch port of Rotterdam to the port of Antwerp in Flanders. The company cited Antwerp's proximity to its European customers, as well as the port's efficient transportation infrastructure as the key reasons for the move.
Callahan Associates Acquires Majority Stake in Telenet
Callahan Associates, a global communications development and operating company based in Denver, Colorado, has purchased a 54% stake in Telenet for $1.7 billion. Telenet provides telephone, Internet, and multimedia services in Flanders. Callahan (www.callahanassoc.com) has an option to increase its stake by a further 20%.
Agilent Acquires Sirius Communications
Agilent Technologies Inc. (www.agilent.com), a U.S.-based technology firm with 48,000 employees around the world, has agreed to acquire Sirius Communications NV (www.siriuscomm.com), a Flanders company specializing in CDMA application-specific integrated circuits for the 3G wireless and satellite communications market.
Also in the News
- The chair of the European Union will be held by Belgium during the second half of 2001.
- FFIO will have a booth at the Design Automation Conference in Las Vegas on June 18-20th.
- Tellium Inc. (www.tellium.com), which provides intelligent optical switches, has opened an office in Flanders to support the company's European expansion plans.
- SAIC (www.saic.com), a Fortune 500 research and engineering firm, has opened an office in Zaventem in Flanders.
- ChemConnect (www.chemconnect.com), the leading Internet exchange for buyers and sellers of chemicals, plastics, and industrial gases, has opened an office in Mechelen.
- WhereNet (www.wherenet.com), which helps corporations manage their supply chains, has relocated its European headquarters to a high-tech facility between Antwerp and Brussels.
Beginning June 1, 2001, the new address of our Texas office is:
Flanders Foreign Investment Office
13601 Preston Road, Suite 707W
Dallas, TX 75240
Tel: (972) 503-FFIO (3346); Fax: (972) 503-3362