- Acquiring new knowledge through strategic research.
- Translating knowledge gained into useful applications such as diagnostics, medicines or agricultural uses.
- Informing the citizens of Flanders about findings and developments in life sciences.
VIB, Flanders’ strategic research institute for life sciences and biotechnology, was founded in 1996 and conducts front-line biomolecular research in diverse fields of life sciences with the ultimate goal of benefiting society.
- cancer research;
- immunology and inflammation;
- neurobiology and molecular neurology;
- medical biotechnology;
- structural biology;
- plant systems biology.
- Ghent: ADX Neuroscience, Agrosavfe, amatsiQBiologicals, amatsiSEPS, Complix, Intrexon Actobiotics, Orionis Biosciencs, MyCartis, ProDigest, Yakult.
- Leuven: Remynd, OncoMethylome Sciences, Formac Pharmaceuticals, Regenesys, CPMG, ThromboGenics, imCyse, Cistim, Oncurious.