When it comes to quality of living, Brussels – the capital of both Belgium and Flanders – beats out major cities in Europe and around the world. Other cities in Flanders score high in the rankings as well, while offering this high quality of living at a reasonable cost. But don’t take our word for it, check out the facts and figures below!
You are here
Amazing lifestyle at a reasonable cost in Flanders
Quality of living is relatively high in Flanders…
Below are some of the most livable cities around the globe based on healthcare, safety, political stability, infrastructure, green space and other factors. In this regard, Brussels – both Belgium's and Flanders' capital – ranks consistently high.
(Source: Global Livability Index, Economist Intelligence Unit, 2022)
… while the cost of living in Flanders is relatively low
The table below ranks some of the world’s major cities according to cost of living (the higher the ranking, the higher the costs). Here, Brussels – the capital of Belgium and Flanders – ranks at the lower end of the spectrum, indicating relatively low costs of living in the city.
|1||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|7||New York||United States|
(Source: Cost of Living Index, Mercer Human Resource Consulting, 2022)
Affordable rental prices in Flanders
Compared to the rest of Western Europe, Belgium – and Flanders as a region – has good housing statistics.
Interested in doing business in Flanders?
Let us help you!
- We can introduce you to other companies, banks and regulators
- We organize site visits to real estate locations
- We assist with all legal aspects of setting up a business
- We're an official government agency
- Our services are completely free
- We are a team of international experts
Receive our handbook to growing your business in Flanders
- It's completely free.
- Get an overview of all incentives relevant to your company.
- Tax system explained in-depth.
- Learn how to set up your business quickly.
- Discover the benefits of Flanders (in addition to the chocolate).