Few regions are as consistently ranked among Europe’s and the world’s finest innovation environments as Flanders is. But don’t take our word for it! Here are a few prominent examples:
- 1st in Europe when it comes to the proportion of enterprises with innovation activities (2016 Eurostat Community Survey, published in 2019).
- 2nd within the EU for innovation linkages (2019 European Innovation Scoreboard). This means that SMEs in Flanders have great in-house innovation capacities and excel in setting up effective joint projects. It also refers to private players in Flanders co-funding public R&D expenditures, which indicates great public-private cooperation.
- 3rd-best innovative system in the world (2020 ZEW Innovationsindikator).
- 6th-best research system in the EU (2019 European Innovation Scoreboard).
- 14th-most innovative economy around the globe (2019 Bloomberg Innovation Index).