To help you involve family, friends and fans in financing your business, Flanders offers support through a ‘WIN-WIN’ loan. This provides an annual tax discount of 2.5% (on the amount of the loan) to those who grant an 8-year loan of 50,000 euros or more to friends, family members or acquaintances who own a company in Flanders.
How Flanders’ WIN-WIN loan helps you finance your business, while benefitting your family, friends or fans.
Available to independent SMEs with fewer than 250 employees and annual turnover of less than EUR 50 million, or a balance sheet total of less than EUR 43 million:
- Independence means that, if there is a relationship of participation with other enterprises of 25% or more of the capital of voting rights, the SME’s consolidated figures must satisfy the above criteria.
- A larger shareholdership by risk capital companies, universities or non-profit research centers is also permitted.
- Makes it easier for you to find start-up capital.
- The loan is subordinated, must amount to a maximum of EUR 200,000 and must run for 8 years. Borrowers must repay once after 8 years, or choose monthly, quarterly, biannual or annual repayments.
- Must be a natural person living in Flanders who arranges the WIN-WIN loan outside the framework of his or her professional activities.
- May not be an employee of the borrower.
- May not be the spouse or the legally-cohabiting partner of the borrower if the borrower is self-employed.
- If the borrower is a company, the lender may not be a manager, director or shareholder of that company, or a spouse or legally-cohabitating partner of one of them.
- May not be a borrower of another WIN-WIN loan for the entire duration of the WIN-WIN loan.
Anyone who grants a WIN-WIN loan to a start-up company as a friend, acquaintance or family member receives an annual tax discount of 2.5% on the amount of the loan.